- Why we collect it: We collect information about you so that we can personalise your use of the site, assist your use of the site and improve the site generally. Depending upon your selections for our data protection questions we may arrange for you to be sent information about related products and services from us and carefully selected third parties (see section 4). You may update the answers to your questions at any time.
- Who we disclose it to: We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties to enable us to perform services requested by you or with your prior consent.
- If you give your consent, we will pass your contact details to third parties who may then occasionally send communications to you to provide information, offers and services that may be of interest to you.
- We will We will only pass on information about you as an individual (as opposed to aggregate information) to third parties overseas to enable us to perform services requested by you.
- Data Protection: The preamble to the Protection of Personal Information Bill, 2009 (“POPI”) states that it will regulate, in harmony with international standards, the processing of personal information by public and private bodies in a manner that gives effect to the right to privacy subject to justifiable limitations that are aimed at protecting other rights and important interests.
- Users of ngllogistics.africa acknowledge that NGL Logistic Solutions takes the protection of personal information seriously, and in particular the compliance with data privacy laws such as POPI.
- Security: Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and certain sections of the site may encrypt data using SSL or a comparable standard. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
- Accessing and updating your personal information: We will always let you have a copy of personal information we have about you, should you request it, and you may correct it if you wish. Instructions about how to do this are available from email@example.com.
POPI Act Information Privacy Notice
NGL Africa (PTY) Ltd, herein-after referred to as NGL Africa (PTY) Ltd, is a specialist logistics solutions service provider.
Customer and Supplier Notice:
This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose you and/or your organisation personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
At NGL Africa (Pty) Ltd (and including our website, www.ngllogistics.co.za, POPI Act Compliance) we are committed to protecting you and/or your organisation privacy and to ensure that you and/or your organisation personal information is collected and used solely for the purpose the information has been received, lawfully and transparently.
The information we collect
We collect and process your and/or you organisation personal information mainly for the purposes of contact and conducting business. To facilitate an understand both you and/or your organisation and our business requirements, and delivering services, either way, accordingly.
We collect information directly from you and/or your organisation where you and/or your organisation provide us with you and/or your organisation personal details. Where possible, we will inform you and/or your organisation what information you and/or your organisation are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard information available on the internet.
How we use you and/or your organisation information
We will use you and/or your organisation personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you and/or your organisation. In addition, where necessary you and/or your organisation information may be retained for legal or research purposes.
- To gather contact information;
- To confirm and verify you and/or your organisation identity or to verify that you and/or your organisation are an authorised user for security purposes;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- To conduct market, supplier history or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose you and/or your organisation personal information to our formally approved service providers who are involved in the handling of products or services to us, or to you and/or your organisation. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the POPI Act.
We may also disclose you and/or your organisation information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that you and/or your organisation personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass you and/or your organisation personal information agrees to treat you and/or your organisation information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
You and/or your organisation rights: Access to information
You and/or your organisation have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and/or your organisation. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers/addresses as provided on our website (ngllogistics.africa) and specify what information you and/or your organisation require. We will need a copy of you and/or your organisation identity document and/or company registration documents to confirm you and/or your organisation identity before providing details of you and/or your organisation personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
Correction of you and/or your organisation information
You and/or your organisation have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete you and/or your organisation personal information. We will require a copy of you and/or your organisation identity document and/or company registration documents to confirm you and/or your organisation identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you and/or your organisation. We would appreciate it if you and/or your organisation would keep you and/or your organisation personal information accurate.
Definition of personal information
According to the POPI Act personal information is information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. Further to the POPI Act, NGL Africa (Pty) Ltd also includes the following items as personal information:
- information relating to an identifiable, living natural person or juristic person and includes, amongst others, the following: identity number, email address, physical address, telephone number, information relating to health, criminal behaviour, views of the person, views about the person and many more.
Agreement and how to contact us
If you and/or your organisation have any queries about this policy, you and/or your organisation need further information about our privacy practices, wish to deny consent, exercise preferences or access or correct you and/or your organisation personal information, please contact us at the numbers/addresses listed on our website www.ngllogistics.co.za or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .